EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
Katrina has 20 years experience working with people across the life span providing education, counselling, consultancy, professional development, supervision, developing policy, advocacy, coaching, community development and upskilling other health professionals.
She has worked in Education Department, across government, non-government and privte organisations with a range of education and health professionals.
She has experience with supporting individuals, couples, loved ones & groups for addiction issues, mental health and other co-morbidities, Veterans, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders.
Katrina is passionate about supporting people holistically to work through their struggles to make the changes they want for themselves, for an outcome of improved mental health & well-being.
Katrina works closely with other health professionals & organisations with consent of the individual to better support desired outcome and change (Police, Commuity Corrections, GP’s, teachers, schools, nurses, other health professionals, government, non-government & private practitioners).
HOW CAN SHE HELP (using a range of therapies)
- Alcohol and other drug support for individuals, couples, groups
- Mental health support for individuals, couples, groups
- Co-morbid support, including Trauma, PTSD, & behavioural disorders
- Clinical Assessments for alcohol and other drugs
- Professional supervision
- Reviewing organisational policy and implementation of that policy
- Community Development support
- Working with other professionals as a part of a multidisciplinary team advocating for needs
- Grief and loss counselling
- Domestic violence response
- Suicide prevention
- Counseling support for Veterans
- Counselling support for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders
- Relationship counselling
- Work place support